Monday, November 17, 2008



The Tugging... We have all experienced it. The tugging at our heart. The voices in your head. Our conscience, karma, whatever. Call it what you want. I call it GOD.

From the time I was a teenager, I have felt the tugging of God upon my heart. I knew God had a greater purpose for me, a calling higher than that of what I had envisioned for myself. But I didn't know what it was, nor do I believe that I was ready for it yet. I tried to stiffle this tugging by trying and trying to ignore God's purpose for me by totally retreating from everything of God. In my mind, if I became a person that God could not possibly love or use for his purposes, than maybe he would leave me alone.

But my God is a persistent God. He didn't give up on me and he placed people in my life, just at the right times, who would help me to realize that I am worthy of God's grace and forgiveness and that God could use me for his greater good.

My life and your life is a journey - every person, every circumstance, every event has been planned for me and for you. Every day is something new, something different - a new opportunity to serve the creator of the universe. I am continually amazed at how great God is. He knows exactly what I need and when I need it. I believe that my purpose continues to change as I change. What I know for sure is that at the core of my purpose, and at your's is the need and the desire to worship God. How can we not? How I do that with my life continues to evolve. Stay tuned...

Thought for the day: How will you use this day to serve God?

2 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Glad to see you've crossed over into blogging. If I can ever help you, let me know. One way to get readers is to visit other blogs and leave comments...let people know you're out there!

Chip and cheese capitol...it could be worse. I like next door to a turkey farm. Oh, the aroma of a hot summer afternoon!

peace~elaine

Beth in NC said...

I can identify with you. God is so good! I hope you'll write more. I am going to follow your blog.

Bless you!